Established in 1982, Leadership High Point is a 10-month program of Business High Point – Chamber of Commerce that transforms actively engaged citizens and leaders into community champions and Chamber ambassadors. The program offers participants exceptional “insider” access to all that High Point has to offer and to top-level business, civic, and government leaders. Class days are orchestrated by a Steering Committee, which is comprised of program alumni. Through Leadership High Point, participants:
CONNECT with other leaders
- Collaborate with the community’s top leaders and organizations
- Develop deep relationships with a network of diverse colleagues
- Promote the organization you represent
CULTIVATE skills and knowledge
- Expand your leadership capacity through the course curriculum and exposure to opportunities of our community
- Gain knowledge about opportunities and challenges facing the High Point community
- Explore the interrelationships of business, government and the greater community
CONTRIBUTE to the High Point community
- Give back through volunteer opportunities in the High Point community
- Participate in a class project to meet a community need with long-term sustainability
- Ignite change in our community
Class Days - Classes are held on the second Wednesday of each month (September-June). Participants are expected to arrive by 8:30am and class will conclude by 5:30pm each day.
Tuition for Leadership High Point is $1,500 for Business High Point - Chamber of Commerce members and $3,000 for non-members. This fee covers program expenses and materials, including orientation, all meals, transportation, and graduation festivities. Scholarships for non-profit and small business leaders may be available on a limited basis, upon request.
For more information, email Quineece Huntley, Director of Leadership & Program Development.