2017 Guilford County Commissioners MeetingName: 2017 Guilford County Commissioners MeetingDate: September 21, 2017Time: 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:IMPORTANT
The County Commissioners will meet on Thursday, Sep 21 and hold a public hearing (and possibly vote) on the stadium project. There is a move to have as many High Pointers there as possible. So to facilitate that, Business High Point - Chamber of Commerce has arranged a bus to caravan to Greensboro for the meeting. The bus will be staged at the Chamber and depart NO LATER THAN 3:30.
RSVP to reserve your bus seat.
For certain, there will be a contingency of naysayers ready to voice their dissension. The only way to silence that group is to overwhelm them with masses of positive, optimistic supporters. That is why we are hosting this event.
We need to show up early and we need to show up strong. Even more importantly, we need representation across all sectors of our community – because this project will be good for ALL of High Point.
- On Thursday, September 21st we are staging three bus/coaches to shuttle people to the Guilford County Commission meeting
- Two buses will be here at the Chamber building - 1634 North Main St. (we need 100 people)
- One bus will be at Mt. Zion Baptist Church - 753 Washington St. High Point, (we need 50 people)
- It is imperative that people arrive in time to depart at 3:30.
- This will allow us to arrive early and be in line when the doors open at 5pm.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- Stickers and signs will also be ready so we can proudly show our support.
Filling the buses is our main goal - we want to make a bold and memorable impression upon arrival so if all possible please join us on the bus. Otherwise, of course, plan to show up at the old Guilford County Courthouse – 301 W. Market St., Greensboro – at 4pm
Thank you for your support. PLEASE show up and bring friends, family, co-workers and neighbors who support this initiative!
Our Upcoming Events!