Customer Service Director
The City of High Point's Customer Service Department seeks to fill the Customer Service Director position. This role directs the Customer Service Department, which includes responsibility for billing and collecting revenue for water, sewer and electric services, meter reading and repair, municipal call center and dispatch services and collection or Market showroom taxes.
- Leads the City of High Point long-range customer services strategic plan efforts;
- Oversees and coordinates Customer Service Department employee training and divisional activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommends appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Develops written customer service policies and recommends revisions to existing policies in response to new or amended federal and state laws, rules or regulations.
- Acts as customer service liaison between City Manager’s office, departmental field and office operations and City of High Point customers.
- Recommends selection of third party customer service providers.
- Reviews, recommends and implements billing policies, procedures and system modifications.
- Recommends utility billing and customer inquiry software technology acquisitions.
- Communicates utility billing and customer service program information to City of High Point customers and receives and responds to inquiries and complaints from individuals or customer groups.
- Interprets State and Federal regulations and legislation governing electric and water/sewer utility operations, recommends and monitors compliance activities;
- Oversees the preparation of the departmental operating budgets, provides budget oversight and management.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Must have knowledge of electric/water utility organization.
- Thorough knowledge of municipal accounting as related to utility revenue and collection operations.
- Knowledge of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) technologies.
- Knowledge of billing and work order management software.
- Thorough knowledge of a phone center operation and self-service IVR and web-based customer service applications.
- Working knowledge of ERP and billing software; knowledge of Infor/Lawson and Cayenta preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public or business administration, accounting or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience of increasing responsible customer service experience in a billing or other accounting related environment and five (5) years of supervisory experience leading a department or division.
- Strong knowledge of ERP and billing software.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong written- and oral communication skills.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, October 24, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.