Assistant Pool Manager - Seasonal
The Assistant Pool Manager will assist in the supervision of the swimming facility at High Point City Lake Park or Washington Terrace Park. The Assistant Pool Manager assists the Pool Manager with maintaining records of pool usage, ensuring that all income and first aid activity is accurately recorded, and assists with managing lifeguards and pool attendant staff. In the absence of the Pool Manger this position will be acting manager; does related work as required.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Pool Manager and the Parks Supervisor.
- Assists Pool Manager with daily operations and facility maintenance;
- Supervises and prepares work schedules for lifeguards and pool attendants,
- Prepares swim lesson programs, registers patrons for classes, schedules swim instructors;
- Supervises revenue collection of swim and concession fees, makes deposits, and completes reports;
- Supervises first aid procedures and record keeping;
- Monitors water quality, dispenses chemicals, monitors filtration strainers, pumps, and equipment;
- Supervises cleanliness of locker rooms, decks and concession areas;
- Provides public relations, security, and crowd control;
- Supervises pool operations in absence of Pool Manager;
- Orders concession supplies and operates concession stand;
- Oversees rentals;
- Provides assistance with in-service training for lifeguards;
- Assists in supervising revenue collection of coin operated lockers and their maintenance;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal education which includes basic arithmetic.
- Must have strong managerial skills including the ability to supervise lifeguards and work with participants of all ages and personalities.
- Must be able to work most weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Must be able to make responsible decisions in an expedient manner.
- Must have Red Cross certification for lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and Water Safety.
- Must have or obtain a Certified Pool Operator certification before the pool opens to the public.