Asst. HR Director Full-Time w/Benefits
- Establish credibility and rapport with the line supervisors and managers as well as their teams by providing accountable and comprehensive HR functional leadership and direction.
- Plan, organize and direct all employee relations activities to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees, compliance with city policies, and manage legal aspects of employee/employer relationships.
- Consult with managers on all aspects of employee-related issues including performance management, attendance, productivity, policies and procedures interpretation, misconduct investigations, corrective actions, terminations, and communications.
- Establish principles and practices for the HR function by determining key performance indicators and measurements for staff and developing HR goals, objectives, systems and processes.
- Represents the City’s interests in employment claim-related mediation by supporting the settlement recommendations presented by external counsel.
- Assists in the administration of organization-wide performance management measures.
- Manages Safety Health & Wellness Division operational budget and
- staff members and occupational health clinic.
- Conducts internal investigations on sensitive matters including discrimination, harassment and workplace violence investigations and manages the grievance and appeal process.
- Maintains statistical data and records on employee relations matters.
- Assists in the administration of wellness initiatives tied to the benefits program.
- Co-facilitates the annual renewal process with brokers and benefits providers.
- Coordinates the discovery process for all employment-related litigation and Workers’ Compensation mediation matters.
- Leads organizational culture efforts including Employee Recognition, Appreciation, branding and team building.
- Serve in the place of the HR Director in the event of absence.
- Manage and respond to unemployment claims and appeal hearings.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ensures all work is completed in accordance with OSHA standards.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration Public Administration or closely related field;
- At least five years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience across major functions;
- At least three years of supervisory and budget experience;
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Intermediate to advanced functionality in Microsoft Excel verifiable by pre-employment skill assessment
- Human Resources certification or ability to obtain within one year of employment
- SHRM-SCP/CP; or
- IPMA-SCP/CP; or
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License or ability to obtain one within six months of employment
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or other, closely related field;
- SHRM/PHR certified.
- 8+ years in HR experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with personality/interpersonal assessments
- E.g., Myers Briggs Type Indicator, EQI etc.
- English and Spanish Language skills.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Insert job closing date/ continuous. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.