Camp Ann Assistant Director
Performs para-professional, technical and clerical work in assisting with the supervision of a specialized summer recreational program; does related work as required.
Work is generally performed under general supervision.
- Assists in planning, scheduling, conducting, supervising and evaluating recreation program for a summer day camp for handicapped children and adults;
- Assists with training, supervising and evaluating counselors and volunteers;
- Assists with scheduling transportation relative to camp and drives camp vehicles;
- Assists with monitoring all activities, facilities and equipment for feasibility, safety and accessibility;
- Coordinates programs with other facilities, agencies and programs;
- Physically assists campers with mobility requirements including transferring from chairs to vehicles, toilet, pool, etc.;
- Assists with the collection of fees;
- Assists with maintaining data and makes reports on attendance, accidents, special limitations, etc.;
- Prepares program areas with adaptive equipment lifting a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Assists with dispensing and documenting medications;
- Enforces camp policies and safety rules and regulations;
- Relieves or substitutes for counselors when necessary and provides additional manpower;
- Enforces that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks with previous supervisory experience working with handicapped persons. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and/or business math, and preferably with a college degree relating to recreational activities for the handicapped.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must have knowledge of various disabilities and related adaptive equipment and be able to work with and physically assist participants with special needs. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Must have good leadership and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to drive 15-passenger van.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License