Camp Ann Counselor
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Camp Ann Counselor positions.
- Serves as a program counselor and participates in program development;
- Performs a variety of duties in leading activities and programs of a summer day camp for handicapped children and adults;
- Monitors and evaluates daily progress of campers;
- Prepares camp area with adaptive equipment for daily operation, monitors activities, facilities and equipment for safety and feasibility;
- Transports campers to activity sites;
- Enforces camp policies and safety rules and regulations;
- Physically assists campers with personal needs including feeding, toileting, changing clothes, etc.;
- Cleans work and program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activities;
- Prepares lists of materials and equipment needed for camp activities and makes requests for same;
- Makes preparation of area for participants' lunches and snacks;
- Maintains daily communication with supervisor;
- Enforces that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and report making. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and/or business math, and preferably with a college degree relating to recreational activities for the participants with special needs.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must have knowledge of various disabilities and related adaptive equipment and be able to work with and physically assist handicapped participants. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Must have good basic program planning, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to drive 15-passenger van.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
Salary: $10.75 Hourly. without benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.