Camp Ann Director
The City’s Parks& Recreation Department seeks a Director for Camp Ann. This individual Performs para-professional, technical and clerical work in assisting with the supervision of a specialized summer recreational program; does related work as required.
Work is generally performed under general supervision.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, supervises and evaluates recreation program for a summer day camp for handicapped children and adults;
- Trains, supervises and evaluates assistant director, counselors and volunteers;
- Assists with the scheduling of transportation relative to camp and drives camp vehicles;
- Monitors all activities, facilities and equipment for feasibility, safety and accessibility;
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks with previous supervisory experience working with handicapped persons.Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and/or business math, and preferably with a college degree relating to recreational activities for the handicapped.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must have knowledge of various disabilities and related adaptive equipment and be able to work with and physically assist participants with special needs.Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.Must have good leadership and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to drive 15-passenger van.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.