Camp Ann Director
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Camp Counselor Director. Performs
para-professional, technical and clerical work in planning and leading activities of a specialized summer recreational program; does related work as required.
Work is generally performed under regular supervision of the Special Population Supervisor.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, supervises and evaluates recreation program for a summer day camp for handicapped children and adults;
- Trains, supervises and evaluates assistant director, counselors and volunteers;
- Assists with the scheduling of transportation relative to camp and drives camp vehicles;
- Monitors all activities, facilities and equipment for feasibility, safety and accessibility;
- Physically assists campers with mobility including transferring from chairs to vehicles, toilet, pool, etc.;
- Assists with the collection of fees;
- Maintains data and makes reports on attendance, accidents, special limitations, etc.;
- Oversees the preparation of program areas with adaptive equipment which requires lifting a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Enforces camp policies and safety rules and regulations;
- Dispenses and documents medications;
- Enforces that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks with previous supervisory experience working with participants with special needs. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and/or business math, and preferably with a college degree relating to recreational activities for the special need participants.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must have knowledge of various disabilities and related adaptive equipment and be able to work with and physically assist participants with special needs. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Must have good leadership and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to drive 15-passenger van.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
Salary: $14.25 Hourly, without benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, May 9, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.