The City of High Point's Engineering Services Department seeks to fill the City Surveyor position.
- Schedules, assigns and supervises the work of survey parties engaged in the collection of survey data to be used in the construction of City streets, drainage, utilities and related improvement projects;
- Checks data provided by Survey Party Technicians;
- Trains Survey Party Technicians in surveying principals and ACAD Civil 3D
- Computes survey data for the preparation of maps for right-of-way and easements, plotting of topographical plans, and property surveys;
- Prepares ACAD Civil 3D linework and surface models from survey data for base drawings to be used in the design of engineering projects and property surveys;
- Requests survey information record files;
- Plans, supervises and reviews the work of survey party personnel;
- Maintains personnel records and reports;
- Consults with builders or contractors on problems relating to construction projects;
- Maintains vertical and horizontal control program;
- Prepares and presents complex technical reports;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within one (1) year, a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license in the State of North Carolina;
- Extensive experience in layout of public works and utility construction, property surveys and related field work including supervisory experience;
- Ability to use computer surveying programs and ACAD Civil 3D.
- Must be able to communicate ideas to other employees, property owners, workers, public, and have the ability to express ideas in technical and/or trade terms.
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, citizens, City officials and coworkers
- Ability to maintain accurate hardcopy and electronic records
- Associate’s degree or higher in Surveying Technology or Civil Engineering Technology or closely related field
Salary: $51,508.20 - $69,908.84 Annually. with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, April 25, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.