Code Enforcement Officer - Plan Review
The City of High Point's Planning & Development-Building Inspections Department seeks to fill a Code Enforcement Officer - Plan Review position. The Code Enforcement Officer performs responsible technical work in the enforcement of the North Carolina State Building Codes; examines building plans and construction documents; performs field inspections of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings; performs related work as required. Primary responsibility will be plan review, however, the applicant will be expected to do some field evaluations and have or obtain certification in all trades within 2 years of hire date. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Plan Review Supervisor.
- Enforces and interprets the N.C. State Building Codes as certified and related sections of the Charter and the Code of Ordinance of the City of High Point;
- Performs review of building plans and construction documents for determining code compliance with N. C. State Building Codes and Codes of Ordinances for the City of High Point; Investigates complaints from citizens and public officials regarding possible violations of these codes; Inspects buildings and structures for compliance with, or violations of the Building Codes;
- Prepares written reports of building plan reviews and inspection findings; etc.
- Associate degree in Building Construction or closely related field with at least four (4) years of trade experience; OR
- High School Diploma with 6 years of trade experience.
- Must be able to qualify for a Probationary Level 2 Certificate through the NC Code Officials Qualification Board in building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical inspections.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
- Standard Level 2 or 3 Certificates through the NC Code Officials Qualification Board
Salary: $55,000.00 - $60,000.0021 Annually. with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.