The City of High Point's Department/Division Name seeks to fill Communications Coordinator - Museum.
- Develops and manages digital content platforms for the Museum including Stqry App;
- Maintains and edits computerized mailing lists; coordinates membership records for the High Point Historical Society;
- Provides support to the High Point Historical Society for program planning and promotion and attends committee meetings as necessary;
- Prepares various reports;
- Researches advertising rates with media outlets;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other city departments, community organizations, universities, and various media outlets;
- Assists the Museum Administrator with promoting the Museum and its services through local radio and television appearances, presentations to various community organizations, and representing the Museum at civic events;
- Coordinates community advisory groups for various museum projects;
- Coordinates community relations events at the museum, such as the annual Holiday Open House and National Night Out;
- Supervises public relations and marketing volunteers;
Department works very closely with the Communications and Public Engagement staff. The following tasks will be completed in conjunction with the Communications and Public Engagement department:
- Develops and implements social media strategy and maintains Museum Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube accounts, and other social media outlets;
- Plans, organizes and executes the publicity and advertising for all museum exhibits, public programs and meetings;
- Develops promotion literature and ideas;
- Creates electronic and print fliers, newsletters, brochures and advertisements;
- Updates museum webpage in coordination with library webpage.
Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in communications, marketing, or similar field of study NC
- Driver’s License
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in communications and marketing work, including social media
- Excellent written/oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Publisher, Canva, or similar software
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with organizations and the general public;
- Availability to work flexible hours, sometimes long hours including weekends and nights
- Experience working/volunteering in a cultural or community based organization
- Spanish, or other non-English Language skills
Salary: $37,871.62 – $42,540.20 Annually.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc
. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.