Community Resource Specialist
The City of High Point's Community Development & Housing Department seeks to fill a Community Resource Specialist Position. This individual Performs responsible professional and administrative work in the areas of Community Capacity Building, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Programs, Citizen Advisory Council, Homeless Outreach (COC, etc.), Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program, Youth Programs and other programs as it relates to the Community and Neighborhood Development Division of the Community Development and Housing Department; does related work and special assignments as required by the department. Work is performed under general supervision of the Community Resource Manager.
- Provides staff support, resources and facilitates neighborhood meetings and programs to enhance the community capacity building;
- Coordinates with service providers to solicit support and commitment to facilitate programs and activities as it relates to assigned tasks;
- Provides support to the Citizen Advisory Council as needed;
- Provides staff support for the High Point Housing Coalition, Partners Ending Homelessness, COC, High Point Citizens Against Violence Crime, United Way Initiatives (as needed), Community Resource Network, Capacity Building Programs and HUD related programs;
- Assists in developing the Annual Action Plan and Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) on all assigned tasks; Monitors Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Community Based Initiative Grant (CBI) subrecipients to determine both compliance with federal regulations and terms of sub-recipient agreement;
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences, or a closely related field with at least two (2) years of professional work experience in related fields.
- High School Diploma with five (5) years of professional experience working with the public, neighborhood/community groups and/or municipal government.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
Salary: $36,606.09 - $46,902.21Annually
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.