- Inspects and performs work under the direct supervision of the Solid Waste Disposal Superintendent.
- Keep in daily communication with the Solid Waste Disposal Superintendent on any equipment issues, employee absences or any other pertinent information associated with daily operations.
- Supervises and participates in the performance of afterhours emergency activities.
- Makes and adjusts work assignments.
- Maintains time and material records.
- Prepares simple work reports.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- NC CDL drivers license
- Experience operating and maintaining heavy equipment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes some nighttime and weekend work
- Compost operations training certification preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience working on and maintaining heavy equipment.
Salary: $47,887.84 - $61,353.76 Annually
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.