CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
The City of High Point's Engineering Services Department seeks to fill a Construction Contracts Administrator position. The Work is performed under the general supervision of the Engineering Services Director. The Construction Contracts Administrator performs professional engineering computations and routine administrative work associated with contract preparation and administration for complex public works construction projects; does related work as required.
- Participates in the project planning and reviews complex designs of various tasks for major capital improvements;
- Prepares construction contract documents for complex infrastructure projects including water distribution systems, sanitary sewer systems, storm drainage systems, roadway, sidewalk, traffic control, erosion control, site grading and maintenance;
- Verifies right-of-way/easements, permits and utilities prior to advertisement;
- Advertises bid and handles process in accordance with N.C.G.S. 143-129;
- Presides over pre-bid conferences;
- Prepares contract/bid award documentation such as council agenda memos, city manager award memos, and recommendation of award through Purchasing;
- Coordinates execution of contract documents following appropriate city/state approvals;
- Processes payments for construction and related contracts;
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Civil Engineering;
- Experience in public works and utility engineering;
- Competency in the use of computer software systems is essential;
- Registration as a licensed professional engineer in the State of North Carolina is preferred but not required;
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.