The City of High Point's Economic Development Department seeks to fill the Economic Development Manager position. Performs professional marketing, customer service and research support for the City's economic and business development activities; does related work as required. Work is performed under general supervision of the Economic Development Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Recruits and encourages new businesses and industries to locate within the City;
- Provides statistical and other data to prospects;
- Works with existing businesses and industries to resolve problems, encourage retention and expansion; Assists in the preparation and implementation of economic development goals;
- Conducts research projects and provides technical assistance to businesses and developers;
- Conducts cost benefit analysis of development proposals;
- Participates in the development of strategies to retain business in the City;
- Coordinates public information activities regarding economic growth;
- Assists with negotiations with businesses and/or developers;
- Conducts research and analysis of industry, workforce, and economic data trends and information;
- Researches and identifies available industrial and office building sites for clients and consultants;
- Compiles information for individual prospect inquiries and visits;
- Designs and updates HPEDC website;
- Prepares templates for presenting information on industrial/business sites;
- Compiles information for special projects and assist in project presentations;
- Prepares and oversees printing of High Point fact sheets and other information for inclusion in packages given to prospective industry and businesses;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Considerable knowledge of business development, community, and economic development
- Working knowledge of municipal zoning and infrastructure, and planning programs and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals, engineers, architects, contractors, developers, businesses, supervisors, employees, and the general public
- Ability to establish working relationships with other organizations and economic development practitioners.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports and data, and have skill in the operation of necessary tools and equipment, i.e. computer, word processing, spreadsheet software, and general office equipment (telephone, fax, copier, calculator, etc.)
- Formal education to include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including excel, word and power point.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate & collaborate.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles.
- Strong written- and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- English and Spanish Language skills
Salary: $49,055.64 - $66,580.05 / Annually
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc
. By closing date of Sunday, May 9, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.