Fleet Services Director
The City of High Point's Fleet Services Department seeks to fill the Fleet Services Director position.
- Manage repair and maintenance services for City Fleet to ensure safe, efficient transportation and equipment operation;
- Plan, program and makes assignments to divisions to implement programs that meet the goals of the department;
- Provide timely, effective repair and preventive maintenance services to operating divisions minimizing downtime and extending equipment life;
- Utilize computerized maintenance and inventory system to ensure effective problem identification and cost control;
- Make appropriate vehicle retention and replacement recommendations;
- Prepare and administer operating budget within approved guidelines to accomplish division objectives;
- Remain current of technical advances to maximize utilization of equipment and resources;
- Provide guidance and training to subordinate supervisors, and ensuring productivity, adherence to policy, effective performance evaluation and individual skill development;
- Evaluates municipal fleet requirements, collaborates with departments to recommend purchase of new motorized equipment, prepares specifications for recommended purchases;
- Manages online auction of surplus vehicles, equipment and other items;
- Attends and gives recommendations to Council members at Finance or Committee meetings as needed;
- Makes presentations to staff, City Manager, City Council, and other stakeholders as needed;
- Ensures that local, state, and federal regulations and mandates are followed regarding personnel, safety, and operations;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five (5) years practical experience in administrative and management experience overseeing Fleet operations; OR
- Associate degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years practical experience in administrative and management experience overseeing Fleet operations; OR
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and five (5) years practical experience in administrative and management experience overseeing Fleet operations.
- Experience supervision for at least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Hiring Range: $79,905-$108,451+ with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer