The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill the Groundskeeper position at Oak Hollow Golf Maintenance.
- Performs and assists in general park maintenance including mowing, edging, pruning, trimming, spraying, watering, chemical treatment, planting and general care of grass, plants and trees;
- Operates tractors and various power equipment to mow and maintain golf course;
- Rakes and edges sand traps;
- Prepares seed beds, lays sod, spreads seed, lime, fertilizer and straw;
- Weeds, mulches, prepares plant beds and plants flowers;
- Assists in irrigation repairs, building erosion control walls and installing drain lines;
- Hand waters greens, sets up hose and sprinklers, and under supervision, turns on automatic irrigation system;
- Cleans and performs simple maintenance on equipment;
- Changes cup settings, moves tee markers and picks up trash;
- Does general maintenance as required;
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- One (1) year experience using the trade tools and equipment
- Must be able to work the typical golf course maintenance schedule:
- Monday – Thursday: 6:30am – 3pm; Friday: 6am – 11:30am;
Alternating Weekend shifts: 6am – 9am
Salary: $31,200.00-$37,666.72, Depending on Qualifications, with benefits
- Experience playing golf and a general understanding of the rules.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc
. By closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.