- Performs and assists in general park maintenance including mowing, edging, pruning, trimming, spraying, watering, chemical treatment, planting and general care of grass, plants and trees;
- Operates tractors and various power equipment to mow and maintain parks and athletic fields;
- Prepares seed beds, lays sod, spreads seed, lime, fertilizer and straw;
- Weeds, mulches, prepares plant beds and plants flowers;
- Assists in irrigation repairs, building erosion control walls and installing drain lines;
- Hand waters ball fields, sets up hose and sprinklers, and under supervision, turns on automatic irrigation system;
- Performs general painting;
- Cleans and performs simple maintenance on equipment;
- Cleans park and athletic field restrooms;
- Prepares and maintains athletic fields;
- Assists with playground installation and maintenance;
- Assists in maintenance and repair of tennis and basketball courts;
- Picks up litter and empties trash cans;
- Does general maintenance as required;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Must have valid appropriate driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to perform manual labor for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Employee may be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Efficiency in operating turf equipment a plus.
$28,681.12 - $36,747.36 Annually
- Formal Education: Amount of Training, either on-the-job or formal education, usually associated with this occupation in addition to the Reasoning, Math and Language detailed below:
- On-the-job Training approximately 8 weeks. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and/or business math. Some experience in groundskeeping using the trade tools and equipment is desirable