IT Network & Security Manager
The City of High Point's IT Services department seeks to fill IT Network & Security Manager position.
- Determines, declares, and enforces the city’s networking standards.
- Defines and develops logical system methodologies to meet users’ needs.
- Monitors and analyzes the performance of all network systems, (LAN and WAN) and directs their maintenance and enhancement efforts.
- Maintains optimal Internet connectivity.
- Installs, configures, tests, labels, diagrams, and documents LAN/WAN system hardware/software.
- Maintains network and other related equipment accountability through the maintenance of proper documentation.
- Ensures the availability of network and security staff to address after hours issues/maintenance.
- Troubleshoots user and system problems/malfunctions related to network hardware/software configurations.
- Determines causes of errors and applies appropriate and necessary corrective action.
- Answers trouble calls, analyzes problems, assesses user requests and provides resolutions for network users.
- Performs on-site visits to perform and/or oversee service and maintenance of network assets and infrastructure.
- Assists in the monitoring of security appliances and infrastructure logs.
- Aid in the implementation of technical and procedural controls which allow the city to operate in a safe and controlled manner.
- Respond to cyber threats and notify city personnel and other agencies, as required, of incidents.
- Defines standards, processes & procedures for selection, implementation, and support of City’s technological network infrastructure.
- Develops goals and objectives for maintaining network systems.
- Develops procedures and documentation, as well as maintenance to current systems.
- Develops and maintains the department’s Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Works with stakeholders to develop comprehensive cyber security strategy.
- Aids in the revision of the city’s IT Policy.
- Enforces cyber security related policies.
- Recommends acquisition of products and/or services related to the successful operation of the city's network infrastructure.
- Ensures all divisional work performed in accordance with OSHA and city’s Safety Standards & Policies.
- Formal Education
- Completion of bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Major course work in computer science, information science, information security, business administration (science), and/or related field.
- Professional Experience
- 3+ years' IT operations experience supervising highly technical teams, tasked with overseeing major aspects of large-scale technological projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate & collaborate with personnel, administrators, and leadership—with wide-ranging technological literacies—across entire organization.
- Demonstrable knowledge of advanced computer systems; network/infrastructure administration; enterprise-level data storage systems; cybersecurity administration and cyberattack incident response operations.
- Familiarity with information security regulations, including HIPAA/HITECH, CJIS, PCI.
- Demonstrable understanding of current InfoSec principals and industry best-practices.
- Experience developing & managing organizational budgets is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of one or more programming and/or scripting languages is highly preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of 911 telecommunications operations and radio transmission systems is highly preferred, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong written- and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
Must have thorough understanding file system maintenance, system configuration, backup procedures, and performance tuning. Must have thorough knowledge of mainframe, mid-range, and micro-computing software and hardware, knowledge of networking protocols, associated hardware, and data communications equipment. Must possess good communications-, technical- and analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot network and computing problems. Familiarity with mixed operating systems environments such as UNIX and Windows, network technologies, firewalls, proxy servers, web servers, networking hardware, routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers, modems, network protocols, and TCP/IP is preferred. Acts as a facilitator to fulfill municipal IT computing needs. Must have thorough knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, and equipment. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other managers, employees, and the general public. Must be able to work quickly under stress without loss of efficiency. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends. Must have ability to prepare and analyze complex reports and maintain records. Knowledge of computer systems, interfacing, and networking theory are required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Salary: $78,004.16 - $105,869.92 annually with benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.