The City of High Point's Department/Division Name seeks to fill Library Associate.
- Plans and leads programs, or clubs which include oral presentations, These programs may be virtual or in person and serve the following groups: teens, seniors, special populations.
- Works the public service desk and provides readers’ advisory service for movies, popular materials and required reading for students.
- Trains library customers in the use of mobile devices to download eBooks and audiobooks. Training may be spontaneous one on one training or classroom instruction.
- Uses digital technology and social media for customer instruction, promotion and marketing
- Uses graphic design skills to produce brochures, flyers and newsletters for the public related to divisional activities.
- Manages and uses social media for divisional promotion
- Prepares written reports, press releases and other marketing materials as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Cover letter and resume with application
- NC Driver’s License
- One year of experience in a customer service-related position
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Graphic Design experience
- Ability to lead and facilitate group training or presentations
- Strong listening and customers service skills
- In-depth knowledge in both of popular literature and films
- 40 hours per week. Daily schedule varies between 8-5 and 9-6. One night each week, one full weekend a month. Must be flexible due to nature of public library service.
- Liberal arts
- One-year experience in position with similar skills or tasks
- Advanced graphic design ability
- Knowledge and ability to use social media for marketing and promotion
Salary: $36,606.09-$46,902.21 Annually with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, May 9, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.