Lifeguard (High Point City Lake and Washington Terrace Park)
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Lifeguard position.
- Supervises recreational swimming and maintains observation of swimmers from pool deck or lifeguard chairs, rescues swimmers from life threatening situations if needed;
- Provides security, crowd control, and information to facility users;
- Instructs students enrolled in learn-to-swim classes, including children and adults;
- Empties trash receptacles as needed, sweeps and washes down pool deck daily, vacuums pool and cleans all scum-gutters;
- Performs general cleaning and sanitizing of showers and pool bathrooms;
- Assists in loading and unloading of supplies, chemicals and operational equipment;
- Assist in pre-season maintenance of pool, preparation for seasonal opening, and post-season maintenance for season closing;
- Provides first-aid as required and completes accident reports;
- Serves as concession operator as needed, maintains sales records and makes reports of needed supplies;
- Participates in in-service training;
- Works as pool cashier when needed, receives and maintains revenue from pool entrance, balances ticket sales with attendance at closing;
- Performs waterslide operation, including supervising users;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal education, which includes basic arithmetic.
- Must have valid Red Cross certifications for lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR by the start of the pool season.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to work with people of all ages, individually and in groups.
- Must be able to work most weekends, holidays and some evenings
Salary: $11.00/hr.+ Depending on Qualifications.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.