MOTOR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I
The City's municipal Public Services Department seeks to fill a full-time Motor Equipment Operator I position. The Motor Equipment Operator I Performs routine semi-skilled work in the construction and maintenance of public streets and sidewalks for City's Street Maintenance Division or in the construction and maintenance of the stormwater drainage system for the City's Stormwater Services Division; does related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision.
- Formal education which includes basic reading, writing and math with completion of High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some experience with motorized equipment is required and some experience as a Mechanic is preferred.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to work tasks and handle practical situations and requests made by supervisor; to comprehend and respond to a variety of situations in an expedient manner. Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directives and perform the relative tasks. Good judgment is important.
- Read: Ability to read operators' manuals, safety rules and regulations, instructions, directions, street names and signs, city maps, and other documents relating to job.
- Write: Ability to write instructions and/or directives as received, notes pertaining to the job, completed assignments on a work log and messages.
- Speak: Ability to be conversant in voice and diction to participate in discussions with supervisor, other employees and the general public.
- Amount of Training, either on-the-job or formal education, usually associated with this occupation in addition to the Reasoning, Math and Language detailed above:
- On-the-job training approximately 6 months to one (1) year.
Salary starts from $27,315.60 - $34,997.91 annually with excellent benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date of Continuous. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.