Motor Equipment Operator I
The City's municipal Public Services Department seeks to fill a full-time Motor Equipment Operator I position. The Motor Equipment Operator I Performs routine semi-skilled work in the construction and maintenance of public streets and sidewalks for City's Street Maintenance Division or in the construction and maintenance of the stormwater drainage system for the City's Stormwater Services Division.
- Operates foot clutch truck -tractor with lowboy trailer to move equipment from one location to another,
- Operates truck with tanker, moves to different locations on job site to pump leachate, moves pumps, hoses, and equipment.
- Operates Trash-Master compactor on landfill to push, level and compact waste and spread cover dirt.
- Operated front-end loader on landfill and compost facility.
- Operates earth-moving equipment, Bulldozer, Flusher and other heavy equipment on the landfill and ICF facility.
- Services, greases, and makes minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Operates tandem dump truck hauling dirt for landfill cover or Ingleside rejects.
- Operates backhoe and motor grader in maintenance and construction of haul roads and drainage ditches.
- Mows grass, sows grass seed, and plants trees.
- Installs and removes temporary perimeter fencing.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies. follows guidelines and outlines of the facility’s operations plan as laid out and approved by the NC DEQ.
- Walking the perimeter of the landfill to retrieve windblown trash and other debris.
- Help to cover the scale house and light computer related work.
- Help other public services departments in times of in climate weather, storms, or any state of emergency.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be 21 years of age
- Some experience with motorized equipment is required
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License.
- On-the-job training approximately 6 months to one (1) year.
- Must have valid appropriate driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina and ability to obtain a CDL "B" permit within 6 months of hire date and a CDL "B" within one year of hire date.
- Some experience as a Mechanic
Salary: starts from $32,412.64 - $41,529.28 annually with excellent benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The Online application must be completed on or before closing date.