Park Attendant/Maintenance (Blair Park & Oak Hollow Golf Course)
The City of High Point's Parks and Recreation Department seeks to fill Parks Attendant/Maintenance position.
- Performs basic golf course maintenance and repair work on grounds, facilities, and equipment including litter pick-up, lifting and emptying trash and garbage cans;
- Performs regular maintenance of grounds, including preparation of and addition to grounds, involving mowing, raking, weed eating, trimming, digging, planting of trees and shrubs, etc.;
- Uses chemicals, including herbicides and pesticides, under direction of supervisor;
- Prunes and mulches trees and shrubs; cuts down and removes dead trees; weeds flower beds; hand grades, seeds, fertilizes and sods turf areas;
- Washes and cleans vehicles used to transport employees, equipment and tools;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Must have valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
- Formal education which includes basic arithmetic.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays.
Salary: $10.00/hr.+ Depending on Qualifications (without benefits).
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.