Park Attendant/Maintenance - Seasonal (High Point City Lake Park)
The City of High Point's Parks and Recreation Department Maintenance Division seeks to fill Seasonal Parks Attendant/Maintenance position.
- Performs basic clean up duties on grounds, facilities, and equipment;
- Picks up litter, lifts and empties garbage cans, cleans public restrooms and offices, and cleans equipment after use;
- Performs regular maintenance of grounds, including preparation of and addition to grounds involving push mowing, weed eating, trimming, digging, planting of trees and shrubs, etc.;
- Applies chemicals and fertilizers in general grounds maintenance activities;
- Assists with preventive maintenance of recreation and parks facilities;
- Paints buildings, shelters and playground equipment;
- Assists in general repairs to buildings, shelters and playground equipment;
- Assists in setting up temporary stages and moving equipment, tables, chairs and picnic tables for group events;
- Assists with pool maintenance, sweeping the pool bottom;
- Assists in towing disabled watercraft back to dock;
- Maintains and keeps fish feeders filled;
- Assists with dock and water buoy maintenance and repairs;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education, which includes basic arithmetic.
- Must have valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be 18 years of age.
Salary: $10.00/hr.+ Depending on Qualifications. Without Benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.