Park Attendant/Operations – Seasonal (High Point City Lake Park)
The City of High Point's Parks and Recreation Department Maintenance Division seeks to fill Seasonal Park Attendant/Operations position.
- Opens facility and greets customers;
- Informs patrons of local and state fish, game and boating regulations;
- Sells fishing and boating permits, fishing tackle, and live bait including minnows and worms;
- Rents boats, kayaks, stand up paddleboards, pedal boats and life jackets;
- Drains boats upon return and prepares them for next rental (inspects and repairs);
- Collects tickets for and operates amusement rides including train, carousel, and excursion boat;
- Performs regular daily maintenance of equipment and ticket booths;
- Operates concession stand, sells amusement ride tickets, merchandise and food items;
- Prepares daily revenue and attendance reports, and scheduled reports of revenue collections and safety inspections;
- Oversees miniature golf operation, dispenses clubs, balls, and score cards; monitors golf play and participant behavior; gives general park information and directions to shelters, rides, etc.;
- Performs daily maintenance on amusement rides, concession stand and gate booth cleaning before and after operation;
- Prepares food items, stocks resell items such as crackers and potato chips, and operates various related machines, i.e., popcorn popper, cotton candy, fountain drinks, etc.;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA City Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education, which includes basic arithmetic.
- Must have valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
- Must be able to work with all types of people, particularly young children.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be 18 years of age to operate rides.
Salary: $10.00/hr.+ Depending on Qualifications. Without Benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.