Park Attendant/Operations - Seasonal (Oak Hollow Marina & Campground)
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Park Attendant (Oak Hollow Marina & Campground) position. The Park Attendant-Operations employee will assist with marina operations at Oak Hollow Park. Park amenities include multiple boat launch sites, bank fishing, boat rental opportunities, playground equipment, reservable park shelters, campsites, etc. Seasonal Park Attendants will assist with marina activities, assist with general maintenance activities, and perform general clerical tasks. Work is performed under regular supervision of the Parks Supervisor. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Opens facility entrance and greets customers;
- Informs patrons of local and state fish, game, and boating regulations;
- Sells fishing and boating permits, fishing tackle, and live bait including minnows and worms;
- Uses the recreation software program to register users for programs, shelter rentals, campsites, fishing tournaments, and perform basic transactions related to purchases;
- Rents sailboats, kayaks, stand up paddleboards, and life jackets;
- Drains boats upon return and prepares them for the next rental (inspects and repairs as needed);
- Sells concession items, including packaged food and drink items;
- Prepares daily revenue and attendance reports, reports of revenue collections, and safety inspections;
- Maintains facility in a clean and orderly fashion, including emptying trash, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning glass counters, tables, cabinets, and restrooms, and cleaning bait tanks;
- Assists with park grounds maintenance as needed;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education, which includes basic arithmetic.
- Must be comfortable in a customer service role and working in an outdoor setting.
- Must have experience operating a computer.
Salary: $10.00/hr.+ Depending on Qualifications. Without benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.