Parking Attendant I
The City of High Point's Transportation Department/Parking Division Name seeks to fill two (2) part-time Parking Attendant I positions.
- Operates cashier terminal calculating and collecting parking fees;
- Processes cash and credit card transactions;
- Completes daily reports of validations and revenue;
- Resets ticket dispenser, fee computer, and barrier gates after a power failure;
- Performs maintenance duties as necessary;
- Answers customer inquiries; provides information and directions; assists motorists with vehicle problems;
- Observes activity in and around the parking garages for secure facility operation and to ensure safety of patrons and their vehicles;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- Ability to handle, record, and control cash funds and credit cards to ensure proper documentation and safeguarding
- Possess strong interpersonal skills for working with customers and other attendants/employees
- Computer competency using Microsoft Office products, and the ability to comprehend and operate specialized parking system software
- Operational knowledge of general office machines (copier, calculator, FAX, etc.)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and willingness to fill in for other employees when necessary
- Ability to work alone and handle difficult situations
- Experience in public parking system operations
- English and Spanish language skills
Salary: $12.51 per hour, without benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc by closing date of Sunday, April 11, 2021.
The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.