Parks Specialist (Oak Hollow Park/Campground)
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill a Parks Specialist position.
The Parks Specialist will conduct daily operations and provide customer service at Oak Hollow Campground, Oak Hollow Marina, and the various satellite parks that combine to form Oak Hollow Park. The Parks Specialist will also assist with the planning and management of park rentals and special events at the year-round facilities. Work is performed under regular supervision of the Oak Hollow Park Supervisor. Workweek includes holidays and weekends.
- Provides excellent customer service for patrons over the phone, in person, and in writing;
- Assists the Park Supervisor with the planning and management of park rentals and special events;
- Serves as a front desk contact in the campground and point of sale operator at the marina;
- Uses the recreation software program to register users for programs, reserve campsites and park shelters, collect fees, and perform basic transactions related to merchandise and concessions sales; includes end of the day closing process;
- Performs opening and closing procedures for Oak Hollow Campground, Oak Hollow Marina, and the various satellite parks;
- Assists in the operation of Oak Hollow Campground swimming pool;
- Conducts safety inspections on tent platforms, campsites, shelters, boat docks, and playground in the campground;
- Provides verbal and physical assistance to patrons in the campground hooking up to water, sewer, electric, cable TV, and Wi-Fi amenities.
- Maintains records and completes related reports on park, marina, and campground attendance and revenue;
- Oversees the rental of boats, boat launchings, and bank fishing at Oak Hollow Marina;
- Patrols lake and monitors activities; Responds to emergencies and provides assistance as needed in coordination with Park Rangers and other emergency personnel;
- Enforces lake, park, and campground rules and regulations; communicates game law violations to conservation enforcement officers;
- Maintains facilities in a clean and orderly fashion, including boats, dock area, launch area, marina building, restrooms, and grounds;
- Performs safety checks of patrol boat, rental boats, life rings, life jackets, playground, and fire extinguishers;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Salary: $30,116.11+ Annually, Depending on Qualifications. with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, May 9, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.