Police Information Technician I
The City of High Point's Police Department seeks to fill the position of Police Information Technician I.
Receives, researches and responds to requests for information;
Receives and transmits messages by radio;
Assists the public and police officers in person, by telephone and radio by providing information and answering questions;
Completes documentation on logs/tracking sheets of activities;
Processes warrants and subpoenas;
Reads and comprehends legal and non-legal documents;
Maintains confidential filing and record systems, related court records and subpoenas;
Enters statistical data and reports on CRT/PC, and in handwritten records;
Operates N.C.I.C. and DCI systems;
Validates, enters and maintains all N.C.I.C. entries;
Assists subordinate technicians in the area of crime classification, IBASE reporting and report preparation;
Reviews daily work output, ensures quality, accuracy and performance of coding, entry and other assigned duties;
Distributes, delivers and sorts mail;
Performs related tasks as required;
Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment which requires multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent computer skills along with accuracy of 30 WPM typing
- Must possess good oral and legible written communication and computer skills.
- Must be able to work on a varied, rotating work schedule which includes on-call (very rare), rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays and during inclement weather
- Formal education which includes basic business offices practices, arithmetic and/or business math, typing, office equipment, and discipline in the workplace with completion of a high school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in the police records office including experience with on-line data processing systems preferred.
Salary: $ 16.76 - $21.47 Hourly/ $ 34,862.13 - $44,668.17 Annually. With benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, May 30, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.