Pool Attendant - Seasonal
The Pool Attendant will perform general operations work at the swimming facility at High Point City Lake Park or Washington Terrace Park. Pool attendants are responsible for providing customer service, greeting customers, admitting pool patrons into the facility, and waiting on pool patrons at concession window; does related work as required.
Work is performed under the supervision of the Pool Manager.
- Greets pool patrons and informs them of policies, fees, and activities;
- Sells tickets, armbands, and other admission materials;
- Answers telephone and responds to inquiries;
- Dispenses minor First Aid supplies such as band-aids;
- Records swimming lesson registrations and receipts;
- Assists in operation of concession area, sells packaged products, and soft drinks;
- Assists in preparation of revenue deposits for the concession stand and pool;
- Assists in daily cleanup of ticket area, concession stand and picnic area;
- Assists in locker room clean-up and maintenance;
- Accepts deliveries, assists with inventories and restocking of pool and concession supplies;
- Prepares daily reports using software system;
- Reports incidents, accidents, and concerns to Pool Manager;
- Assists in waterslide operation, including supervising users;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education, which includes basic arithmetic.
- Must have strong communication skills, customer service skills, and be able to work with people of all ages, individually and in groups.
- Must be able to work most weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be 16 years of age; 18 years of age to operate the waterslide.