Program Activity Leader
Performs responsible clerical and technical work in a program setting supervising school-age participants; does related work as required.
Work is performed under regular supervision of Recreation Center Supervisor.
Assists in planning, implementing, and evaluating recreational programs;
Assists with afterschool and summer camp programs;
Plans, organizes and coordinates weekly activities to include but not limited to field trips, sports, games, crafts, swimming, drama and special events;
Drives a 15-passenger van to transport children in the program;
Maintains daily usage records for all registered program participants using computer programs;
Enforces center and camp polices and safety rules and regulations;
Inspects equipment daily, makes repairs or arranges for repairs;
Cleans work and program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activity;
Maintains First Aid supplies, orders additional supplies as needed;
Open and close facility as needed for programs, special events, and rentals;
Assists regular staff as needed;
Provide excellent customer service in person and on the telephone to the general public, instructors, vendors, and internal customers;
Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some education or previous experience working with youth, adults and seniors.
- Must have valid appropriate driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Ability to drive 15-passenger van.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include day, evenings, split shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to effectively lead groups in recreational activities.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with other employees and the public.
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Must be of good character.
- Formal Education