The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department/Recreation Division seeks to fill the Program Activity Leader position.
- Assists in planning, implementing, and evaluating recreational programs;
- Assists with afterschool and summer camp programs;
- Plans, organizes and coordinates weekly activities to include but not limited to field trips, sports, games, crafts, swimming, drama and special events;
- Drives a 15-passenger van to transport children in the program;
- Maintains daily usage records for all registered program participants using computer programs;
- Enforces center and camp polices and safety rules and regulations;
- Inspects equipment daily, makes repairs or arranges for repairs;
- Cleans work and program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activity;
- Maintains First Aid supplies, orders additional supplies as needed;
- Open and close facility as needed for programs, special events, and rentals;
- Assists regular staff as needed;
- Provide excellent customer service in person and on the telephone to the general public, instructors, vendors, and internal customers;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some education or previous experience working with youth, adults, and seniors.
- C Driver’s License/ Advanced Drivers License
- Must have valid appropriate driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Ability to drive 15-passenger van.
- Schedule requirements
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include day, evenings, split shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc
. By closing date of continuous. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.