Program Activity Leader
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department (Recreation Division) seeks to fill the vacant Program Activity Leader position.
This position monitors and leads programs in a recreation setting; Performs responsible clerical and technical work in a program setting supervising school-age participants. Work is performed under regular supervision of Recreation Center Supervisor.
- Assists in planning, implementing, and evaluating recreational programs;
- Collaborates with staff to help facilitate athletics, evening programs and special events;
- Assists with leading afterschool and summer camp programs;
- Plans, organizes and coordinates weekly activities to include but not limited to field trips, sports, games, crafts, swimming, drama and special events;
- Drives a 15-passenger van to transport children in the program;
- Utilizes computer programs, software, and point of sales to input and complete transactions and/or record necessary data;
- Enforces center and camp polices and safety rules and regulations;
- Inspects equipment daily, makes repairs or arranges for repairs;
- Cleans work and program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activity;
- Open and close facility as needed for programs, special events, and rentals;
- Provide excellent customer service in person and on the telephone to the general public, instructors, vendors, and internal customers;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some education or previous experience working with youth, adults and seniors.
- Ability to drive 15-passenger van.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include day, evenings, split shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to effectively coach and lead youth groups in recreational activities.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with other employees and the public.
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Pursuing or obtained degrees/certifications in Parks & Recreation field and/or a closely related field
- At least 6 months of experience working with youth in a recreation, school, and/or childcare setting
- At least 6 months of experience in operations and supervision of a recreation facility or park
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.