High Point Parks & Recreation Department is seeking applicants to fill a Recreation Attendant position. Recreation Attendants assists Recreation Center Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor in the overall management and operation of the facility and recreation programs. Recreation Attendants are considered essential staff and can supervise a facility in the absence of a full-time staff member.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and report making. Some education or previous experience working with youth, adults and seniors.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with other employees and the public.
- Must be able to apply basic knowledge of phases of child development.
- Must be able to drive 15-passenger van.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.