The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department/Recreation Division seeks to fill the Recreation Attendant position.
- Maintains daily attendance records for all registered program participants;
- Plans, organizes and coordinates weekly activities to include field trips, sports, games, crafts, swimming, drama and special events;
- Greets parents and children daily upon arrival and ensures authorized party gets children at departure time;
- Prepares camp area for daily operation, placing tables, chairs, equipment and program materials; Transports campers to daily activity sites;
- Enforces center and camp polices and safety rules and regulations;
- Inspects equipment daily, makes repairs or arranges for repairs;
- Cleans work and program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activity;
- Prepares lists of materials and equipment needed for camp activity and makes requests for same;
- Makes preparation for participants' lunches and snacks;
- Maintains First Aid supplies, orders additional supplies as needed;
- Assists regular staff as needed;
- Handling general office duties;
- Oversee and/or direct daily program and staff activities;
- Provide outstanding customer service when assisting the public through various communication methods;
- Responsible for program registrations, facility rentals;
- Follow proper collection and cash handling procedures;
- Opens and/or closes and secures facility when scheduled;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City safety standards and policies.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and report making. Some education or previous experience working with youth, adults, and seniors.
- C Driver’s License/ Advanced Drivers License
- Must have valid appropriate driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Ability to drive 15-passenger van.
- Schedule requirements
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include day, evenings, split shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.