Recreation Attendant (ASPIRE)
The City of High Point's Parks and Recreation Department seeks to fill Recreation Attendant (ASPIRE) position
- Leads and facilitates programs and activities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages in a recreation setting.
- Provides a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Works with ASPIRE team to ensure quality programs for all ages.
- Follows Department policies and procedures.
- Provides a safe, fun and appropriate experience for all participants.
- Maintains daily attendance records for all registered program participants;
- Drives the City van as needed for programming and summer camp
- Enforces center/ facility polices and safety rules and regulations;
- Inspects program equipment
- Cleans program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activity;
- Prepares lists of materials and equipment needed for activities
- Assists regular staff as needed;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies
- Formal Education
- Graduated from High School or GED;
- Some higher education
- Previous experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Previous work experience in recreation and leisure setting, education system or direct client care support
- Must be able to effectively lead groups in recreational and leisure activities
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with other employees and the public
- Ability to drive 15-passanger van
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.