Recreation Attendant - Athletics
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Recreation Attendant- Athletics.
Monitors patrons of all ages in an athletic complex setting; responsible for facility opening/closing and basic cleanup duties; performs basic clerical work; does related work as required.
Work is performed under regular supervision of the Athletic Administrator with opportunities for independent action.
- Monitors athletic fields and facilities during programs, events, competitions and or practices;
- Assists with setup and breakdown of internal athletic programs and events;
- Opens and closes athletic facilities/parks for general use and reservations;
- Performs basic cleanup inside athletic facilities, concession stands, and restrooms;
- Inspects facilities and grounds for any potential hazards and reports daily;
- Enforces reservation policies, safety rules, and field usage rules and regulations;
- Assists with athletic equipment maintenance and inventory;
- Occasionally assists recreation centers with operations and participant transportation;
- Interacts with public and provides excellent customer service to patrons and participants;
- Provides general information about recreation, athletic facilities, programs, and activities to public;
- Maintains daily communication with supervisor and attends staff meetings;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Formal Education:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and report making. Some education or previous experience working with youth, adults and seniors.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with other employees and the public.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- English and Spanish Language skills
Salary: $8.50 Hourly. without benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, May 9, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.