Recreation Attendant – Naturalist - Seasonal (Piedmont Environmental Center)
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Recreation Attendant – Naturalist (Piedmont Environmental Center) position. The Recreation Attendant-Naturalist will perform tasks generally related to Summer Nature Camp. They will assist Naturalists at the Environmental Center with nature activities and classes, assist with supervision of campers, help design and implement outdoor-based nature study, and perform various day to day assigned tasks to support and operate PEC’s Summer Nature Camp.
Work is performed under regular supervision of the Parks Supervisor. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include nights and weekends.
- Assists PEC staff as needed; Assists with summer nature camps and other programs as needed;
- Helps school-age children become familiar with nature through different activities;
- Escorts children to daily activity sites when needed;
- Cleans facility areas and assists in maintaining outdoor areas;
- Maintains daily communication with supervisor;
- Prepares lists of materials and equipment needed for activities and makes requests for same;
- Enforces center policies and safety rules and regulations;
- Plans nature activities related to environmental concepts and practice with the center’s Naturalists;
- Inspects equipment daily, makes safety recommendations;
- Attends facility staff meetings;
- Makes preparation of area for participants’ lunches and snacks;
- Greets parents and children daily upon arrival and ensures authorized party gets children at departure time;
- Assists in answering phone, directing calls, and providing information;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Must have a valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
- Must be able to effectively lead groups in natural history activities.
- Must be able to apply basic knowledge of phases of child development.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be comfortable in a customer service role and working in an outdoor setting.
- Teaching experience or experience leading groups in an educational setting
Salary: $10.50/hr.+ Depending on Qualifications. Without benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.