Recreation Attendant – Senior Center Part-Time (No Benefits)
- Provide stimulating recreational programs for older adults, creating a safe environment, and encourage participation;
- Aids in the process of planning activities by making suggestions or bringing knowledge of community resources to the attention of the Supervisor;
- Maintains daily attendance records for all registered program participants;
- Greets and provide all participants with excellent customer service;
- Arranges chairs, tables, and sporting or exercise equipment in specified areas for scheduled group or one-on-one activities;
- Drives the community van as needed;
- Enforces center polices and safety rules and regulations;
- Inspects equipment daily;
- Cleans work and program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activity;
- Maintains First Aid supplies, orders additional supplies as needed;
- Register participants via recreation software;
- Assists regular staff as needed;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic and report making. Some education or previous experience working with youth, adults and seniors.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with other employees and the public.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- English and Spanish Language skills
Salary: $10.50 Hourly without benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Insert job closing date/ continuous. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.