Recreation Attendant (Special Populations) Part-time No Benefits
Special Populations (Part-time No Benefits) High Point Parks & Recreation Department is seeking applicants to fill a Recreation Attendant position. Individual will perform responsible clerical and technical work for special needs participants of all ages; does related work as required.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates activities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages in a recreation setting.
- Provides a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Works as part of a team to ensure quality programs for all ages.
- Follows Department policies and procedures.
- Provides a safe, fun and appropriate experience for all participants.
- Maintains daily attendance records for all registered program participants;
- Drives the community van as needed;
- Enforces center/ facility polices and safety rules and regulations;
- Inspects equipment daily;
- Cleans work and program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activity;
- Prepares lists of materials and equipment needed for activities
- Maintains program supplies and inventory
- Register participants via recreation software;
- Assists regular staff as needed;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies
- Formal Education o Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some education previous experience working with the special population participants.
- Must be able to effectively lead groups in recreational and leisure activities.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with other employees and the public.
- Must be able to drive 15-passenger van.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License Preferred Qualifications
- Some education or previous experience working with participants with special needs.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please visit : https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.