Residuals Management Operator I Full-Time (W/ Benefits)
- Monitor’s sludge handling/incineration facility to inspect process operations, including centrifuge & incinerator controls, pumps, grinders, conveyer belts, polymer blending and delivery equipment, storage tanks and hoppers.
- Makes necessary adjustments to equipment and machinery to include opening and closing valves and adjusting feed rates and polymer dosages.
- Collects samples and runs laboratory analyses which includes calibrating and operating the instrumentation used in the analyses.
- Monitors and operates complex computer-controlled equipment to include SCADA, PLC controlled machinery and integrated systems, and records essential data required to meet state and federal regulatory permits.
- Operates or assists other operators with the operation of rubber tire loader with bucket or forks, manual and electric lift trucks, dump trucks, and other equipment.
- Performs minor maintenance activities such as PMs, repairs, and vehicle and facilities clean up.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License and ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL B) within 12 months of employment.
- Associates Degree.
- Valid NC Commercial Driver’s License (CDL): Class “A” preferred.
- Maintenance Technologist or Wastewater Operator certification.
Salary: $38,437.03 - $60,056.13 Annually with benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc.
The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.