Sanitation Equipment Operator
- Operates any one piece of equipment associated with the collection of solid waste, not limited to (automated side – loader, rear – loader, boom truck, swap – loader or front - end loader on assigned route;
- Supervise a two-man crew in the collection of solid waste;
- Reports violations of the solid waste ordinance to supervisor;
- Drives trucks over prescribed route(s) to collect solid waste and properly dispose of material at the established disposal areas;
- Conducts thorough pre-trip inspections and performs other routine preventative maintenance;
- Cleans and properly maintains equipment;
- Works as a productive member of a solid waste collection crew to remove refuse, yard waste, debris and junked furniture and appliances from roadsides;
- Uses a Mobile 311 device, to record locations for Pickup and to report challenged areas;
- Answers questions from citizens regarding Environmental Services Division procedures and practices;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and experience with heavy equipment. Some experience as a Sanitation Worker preferred.
- Must possess an acceptable valid (Class B CDL) Commercial Driver’s License.
Salary: $33,203.04 - $42,540.16 annually depending on qualifications along with an excellent benefits package
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date.
The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.