SANITATION EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I
The City of High Point seeks a qualified person to fill the position of Sanitation Equipment Operator in the Environmental Services Division of the Public Services Department. Individual will perform responsible skilled work in the operation of one piece of equipment associated with the collection of solid waste (rear-loader, boom truck or one-arm automated sanitation truck) from residents and small businesses.
- Successful candidate will operate a one-arm automated truck, boom truck, or rear- loader refuse packer or assigned route;
- Supervise a two-man crew in the collection of solid waste;
- Report violations of the solid waste ordinance to supervisor;
- Drive truck over prescribed route(s) to collect solid waste and properly dispose of material at the established disposal areas; clean and properly maintains equipment
- Work as a productive member of a solid waste collection crew to remove refuse, yard waste, debris and junked furniture and appliances from roadsides.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience with heavy equipment.
- Some experience as a Sanitation Worker preferred.
- Must possess an acceptable valid (Class B CDL) Commercial Driver’s License.
Salary range from at $33,203.04 annually depending on qualifications along with an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.