Seasonal Park Attendant (Brentwood)
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Seasonal Park Attendant (Brentwood) position. The Parks Maintenance Groundskeeper (Seasonal) performs routine skilled and semi-skilled work performing grounds and/or landscape maintenance involving the use of specialized equipment; does related work as required.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Crew Supervisor. Regular daytime hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, with an occasional night, weekend, or holiday as needed. Working July 4th is required.
- Performs basic turf maintenance and plant care including litter pick-up, lifting and emptying trash and garbage cans, cleaning of restrooms
- Cleans and washes grounds equipment after use;
- Performs regular maintenance of grounds including preparation of and addition to grounds involving mowing, raking, weed eating, trimming, digging, planting of trees, shrubs and flowers, etc.;
- Uses chemicals including herbicides and pesticides under direction of supervisor;
- Prunes and mulches trees, shrubs and flowers, cuts down and removes dead trees, weeds and waters flower beds;
- Hand grades, seeds, fertilizes and sods turf areas;
- Assists in regular and preventive maintenance of landscape facility including painting of building;
- Washes and cleans vehicles used to transport employees, equipment, tools and supplies;
- Enforces that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Must have valid appropriate driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be 18 years of age. Must be able to perform manual labor for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Employee may be required to work weekends and holidays. Efficiency in operating turf equipment a plus.
- Must have valid appropriate driver's license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to perform manual labor for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Employee may be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Efficiency in operating turf equipment a plus.
- On-the-job training approximately 2 weeks.
- Formal education which includes basic arithmetic with completion of high school diploma or GED supplemented by experience in grounds keeping using the trade tools and equipment is desirable.
Salary: $10.00/hr. Without Benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.