Seasonal Park Attendant Maintenance – Washington Terrace
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Seasonal Park Attendant Maintenance – Washington Terrace position. Performs routine semi-skilled work in a variety of repair and maintenance assignments at a municipal neighborhood park involving the use of common tools; frequently operates equipment in connection with the tasks; does related work as required.
Work is performed under the immediate supervision of Parks Supervisor.
- Performs basic park maintenance and repair work on grounds, facilities and equipment including litter pick-up, lifting and emptying trash and garbage cans, cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and washing equipment after use;
- Performs regular maintenance of grounds including raking, pulling weeds in flower beds,
- Performs regular and preventive maintenance of facilities including sweeping and cleaning, painting of building, shelters and signs, replacing light bulbs, repairing signs and tightening screws;
- Loads and unloads materials, equipment and chemicals;
- Assists with pool cleaning and maintenance;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- On-the-job training approximately 2 weeks. Formal education which includes basic arithmetic.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform manual labor for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Employee must be available to work a flexible schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
Salary: $10.00/hr. Without Benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.