STORMWATER CREW LEAD Full-Time (W/ Benefits)
- Leads and participates in the completion of daily assignments in the work of unskilled and semi-skilled workers in the basic repair, maintenance, installation and/or construction of stormwater conveyances and structures.
- Performs and assists in performing maintenance, repair, installation and/or construction tasks.
- Prepares complete daily work orders with details of actual work performed.
- Provides guidance and supervision of Motor Equipment Operators I, II, III and brick mason.
- Trains Motor Equipment Operators in the operation of equipment.
- Operates heavy vehicles requiring commercial driver’s license (CDL), road tractor and tanker, lowboys, heavy front-end loaders, trackhoe, large dozers, and tandem 10 yd. dump truck, backhoes, etc., to perform maintenance activities on stormwater infrastructure and/or street/roadways and to transport other employees, materials and supplies to work sites.
- Oversees and assists in the maintenance and cleaning of assigned equipment, buildings, etc.
- Uses hand tools, including but not limited to hoes, shovels, rakes and other tools needed to perform various types of manual labor.
- Supervises crews for the collection of leaves, snow and storm debris removal.
- Ensures crew is following proper traffic control practices as established by MUTCD and the City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety
- Formal Education
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in a Lead role and/or supervisory experience in order to lead, supervise and communicate with semi-skilled, unskilled workers and motor equipment operators; to accept responsibility for self and crew to ensure quality work performed to City standards.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience operating heavy motorized equipment.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in semi-skilled stormwater related maintenance/construction work.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience maintaining inventory and the use of traffic control equipment.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have good knowledge of traffic rules and regulations and safety rules and regulations.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the methods and practices of equipment and tools, construction, repair and/or maintenance of stormwater infrastructure; of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work and related equipment operations.
- Must have skill in the use of the equipment and tools of the trade.
- Must have ability to understand as-builts, street location maps and detailed reports.
- Must be able to successfully complete courses in stormwater construction, safety, snow removal, storm debris cleanup, supervision, and other related courses from APWA, ITRE and other agencies.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work On-Call.
- Must be able to obtain Standard First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must have (CDL) Class A issued by the State of North Carolina. Must have good driving and safety records.
- English and Spanish language skills
Salary: $40,357.08 - $63,060.32 Annually. With Benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Insert job closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.