Street Maintenance Crew Lead (Mowing) Full-Time (W/ Benefits)
- Leads and participates in the completion of daily assignments in the work of unskilled and semi-skilled workers in the basic resurfacing, repair, maintenance, patching of roadways maintained by the City, mowing operations including the use of herbicides, concrete/masonry operations including but not limited to sidewalk, curb/gutter, and other varied masonry projects;
- Performs and assists in performing maintenance, repair, installation and/or construction tasks;
- Performs related work with downtown cleanup and maintenance activities;
- Formal Education
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have (CDL) Class A issued by the State of North Carolina. Must have good driving and safety records.
- Must be able to obtain Standard First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in a Lead role and/or supervisory experience in order to lead, supervise and communicate with semi-skilled, unskilled workers and motor equipment operators; to accept responsibility for self and crew to ensure quality work performed to City standards.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of concrete installation and practices
- Must be able to work four days – 10-hour work shift each week.
- Three to five years of experience leading a crew
- ITRE Certifications
- Concrete finishing
Salary: $19.40 / $40,357.08 - $30.32 / $63.060.32 Hourly/ Annually. with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date.
The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.