Summer Camp Counselor (Recreation Centers)
The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to Summer Camp Counselor (Recreation Centers) position. Performs responsible clerical and technical work program setting supervising school-age participants; does related work as required.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates daily activities to include field trips, sports, games, crafts, swimming, drama and special events;
- Greets parents and children daily upon arrival and ensures authorized party gets children at departure time;
- Prepares camp area for daily operation, placing tables, chairs, equipment and program materials; Transports campers on field trips in a 15 - passenger van;
- Enforces center and camp polices and safety rules and regulations;
- Inspects equipment daily, makes repairs or arranges for repairs;
- Cleans work and program areas as needed during the day and upon conclusion of activity;
- Prepares lists of materials and equipment needed for camp activity and makes requests for same;
- Makes preparation for participants' lunches and snacks;
- Maintains First Aid supplies,
- Assists staff as needed;
- Maintains daily attendance records for all registered program participants;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- On-the-job training approximately 4 weeks.
- Education or previous experience working with elementary school age students.
- Must be 18 years of years or older.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with other employees and the public.
- Must be able to apply basic knowledge of phases of child development.
- Must be able to drive 15-passenger van.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
Salary: $10.25/hr. Without Benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.